Helping you embrace your whole, imperfect (human!) self
As an Art Therapist, I use art and creativity as tools for helping people explore and witness their inner landscape.
I combine Art Therapy with elements of mindful self-compassion and narrative therapy to help people relate to themselves in kinder and more loving ways.
The creative process is a perfect metaphor for life:
- It’s messy and unpredictable.
- It’s fun and joyful, full of wonder and discovery.
- At times, it's frustrating, painful, and dark.
Art is a mirror, allowing us to learn more about ourselves and how we interact with the world around us.
It gives us an opportunity to practice new ways of being with ourselves and our emotions.
Art Therapy can help you:
Tap into your creativity as a source of insight. Learn to use this tool you already have as a way of gaining clarity about your desires.
See your current situation from a new perspective. The art created in therapy can bring unexamined aspects of a situation to the surface, so we can look at them together and help you gain a fuller understanding.
Experience the joy, beauty, and power of your self-expression. And the salve of being seen and known through that expression.
We may be a good fit if you are:
Creative or artistic, even if you feel a bit disconnected from that side of you
Naturally introspective. You reflect on your inner experience and seek deeper understanding of who you are and what drives you
- You have a tendency to be hard on yourself when you’re not living up to your own (high) expectations
- Not quite where you want to be right now. You know you’re meant to do something beautiful and meaningful with your life, but you aren’t sure exactly what that is or how to get there